Monday, December 27, 2010

From a Different Perspective

Life never ceases to throw out surprises when you least expect it. Though they are always difficult, there is always a reason, for which we may never know, that lead us to become stronger people. This week will definitely go down as one I will always remember.

First off what didn't go on this week?! One of my best friend's got in a car wreck and lost 2 of her brothers, I was hospitalized for most the week from complications from having my appendix removed and getting pneumonia and atelectasis, some family friend's of mine got in a bad car crash as well and were in bed's just down the hall from me in the hospital, and it was Christmas! It was definitely an exhausting roller coaster of emotions.

If anyone wants to hear my horror stories they can just ask me, but I just wanted to write about some of the things I'm grateful for this week. Although it was pretty chaotic, I learned so much and realized a lot of things.

#1
I have THE best family in the world!!! They did so much for me while I was in the hospital and were such a help to me while I was struggling through tests and just being plain sick and miserable! I would have been perfectly happy just to be at home for Christmas, but they went above and beyond and made me feel so loved.

#2
I am also surrounded by such great friends and people in my community. I had so many people call and visit me and it meant so much to know people cared. Thank you to everyone for your support!

#3
I'm also grateful for great doctor's and nurse's who helped get me better. It was a good experience for me as a nursing student to see things from a patient's perspective to help in my training and see what kinds of things I want to do when I am a nurse. Strangely I'm also grateful for those not so good of doctor's or nurse's I encountered because they also made me see things I did not want to do that caused me stress and some pain haha.
                                                                                                                                                                        

This week I am feeling a lot better being off most of the meds they had me on. I can't imagine how people can be addicted to drugs because they make you sick and so out of it. I had some kooky experiences and don't want to go back! LOL. With school starting a week from today and I still haven't moved out, I'm fighting to gain my strength back to get everything done in time. Though I could of thought of a million other ways I would've liked to spend my Christmas break, I am grateful my Heavenly Father was watching over me and didn't let this happen to me while I was in school. Apparently my appendix had been sick for awhile and causing some issues I had no explanation for so it was a blessing in disguise and luckily didn't burst! I'm so glad that he is watching over me and can see and can control things I'm not aware of. I'm looking forward to a new year of experiences and goals!
********************

With a lot of children passing away in my community within the past year or so, I hope that we can keep them in our thoughts and prayers this holiday season and do what we can to comfort and support their families!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment