Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time: Past.Present.&Future

TIME...
Funny thing isn't it?
It can move by so slowly and so quickly at times. Sometimes you want to get past something so badly, or want a moment to last forever.

I've had these moments happen over and over throughout my life and it amazes me how tricky time can be. It has also shown me how strong I actually am and what I can get through, especially when things don't always happen how we pictured them to.

So here I am...
  • 19 yrs old
  • graduated from high school a year and  a half ago
  • in my second year of college and 3 semesters away from graduating
  • all of my guy friends are on missions
  • a lot of my best friends have moved away to college

First off, "When in the heck did that all happen?"
Secondly, "Where is my life headed?"

Back in high school I could have never anticipated how rewarding and how hard being an adult could be. It has come with so many emotions and it's something new everyday. It's been a real eye-opener for me. I knew where I wanted to go with my future, but how I wanted to get there was a lot different than how God has wanted it. Being the control freak/perfectionist that I am, it has been a real adjustment, but one that has definitely been needed. Because you know what? I am not super woman!! I can't do everything myself and I don't have to.

Sorry for such a serious first post to my blog, but I have just had so much go on the past couple weeks that it has made me ponder a lot about my life and my future. One thing I have realized though is that time doesn't stop for no one. If we don't keep up, so many things will pass us by. We have to live for NOW. This time of life the opportunities are endless, choices are life-changing, and the memories are unforgettable. I choose to make the most of them because I know God will take care of me and will lead me to where I am supposed to be. What a great blessing this gospel is to know that we are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment