Tuesday, January 4, 2011

School is in Session!

Nursing school never fails to hit you hard! I went into this week thinking I only had class a couple days this week and they were nice enough to surprise us with orientations at the hospital every day this week. May I mention all day things as well.... so work definitely isn't an option.Whoops.... Thanks for the notice! Oh well just an opportunity to wear my sweet purple scrubs I look fabulous in!!! ;) haha wow.....

As you can tell by my sarcasm, this week is wearing me right out! Not to mention it's confusing the crap out of me! It would help if someone like our teachers knew what was going on..... I guess God thinks I need to learn patience. Obviously :) Definitely something I need to work on this year as one of my New Years goals.

Another thing I need to work on this year, especially if I want to become a nurse is controlling my facial expressions and emotions. We've started learning about labor and delivery and holy cow it makes me not want to have children!!! haha. (Don't worry after talking and worrying about all the details, my mind was instantly changed when we walked through the NICU nursery and saw all the super cute little babies!!! Oh I wanted to take one home so bad!) We watched some videos today and it scarred me for life. Pretty sure my jaw was on the floor! LOL. It was so hard to keep myself under control. There is so much I had no idea about! But I'm sure after I'm exposed to all these medical procedures as I'm on different wings of the hospital, I will get more used to it.

It's just so crazy I actually get to follow nurses around in the hospital this semester!! I am so excited and so nervous. It's very intimidating going in feeling like you know nothing. Especially, when we'll be doing stuff like catheters, helping with labor and delivery, working on the mother/baby, medical and surgical floors, PEDS, transitional care, etc. I just feel so young! (probably because I am :))

Nursing school is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but I'm sure it will be so rewarding. Later on that is... :) The good news is that after this semester I am HALF WAY done and will only have next year until I can take my boards to become a RN!!!! Until then....
I'm hitting the books!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment