Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Festival of COLORS

Well here it is 3 AM, I'm exhausted, and yet I can't sleep. Probably from being so stressed with school. (3 weeks left!) I have found that writing is one of my ways to relieve stess, which can be surprising since I wasn't too fond of writing a couple weeks ago when I had 2 research papers due ;). I'm also a music addict and I'm pretty sure I almost always have music on. Anyways, so I guess I'll blog about my fun weekend I had recently...

So last year I heard about something called the Festival of Colors. I saw all of these pictures on Facebook and I thought to myself 1) What in the heck is that? 2) That looks way fun! and 3) Why wasn't I invited?! So this year I told myself I had to go and try it out. I struggled with figuring out plans of getting there, but it all worked out and I had a blast!

I went down with my roomate Hailey and her friend from work Stephanie. We met some of her friends in Salt Lake and then drove down to American Fork for the celebration. We stayed for about 3 hours and enjoyed the music, participated in the throwing of chalk, avoided getting killed by the crowd surfers, looked around the temple, and inhaled so much chalk that I think the incense started messing with my brain function... ;) haha yes I started getting loopy by the end and apparently was very entertaining when I started singing songs! :)

In the end, we were successful in completely covering ourselves in numerous colors of chalk! It was super fun and there's something about getting all dirty and acting hippy-ish that is awesome! It was cool to see another religion's practice. They were all about the "PEACE AND LOVE!"

You're probably wondering how I cleaned up after all of that mess? Well it took a lot of scrubbing. Funny story: so I came home to my parent's house to shower and change and when I walked in the door my dad looked at me funny as I casually said hi and started walking in and said, "What in the hell happened to you?" It was super funny! My dad thinks I'm crazy :) But hey.... it's college! haha

Here's some fun pics from the trip!

Before...

The beautiful temple!

Hailey and I

The group!




LLAMAS!!!
Well to end this post I guess I could complain about how much I hate this cold weather.... haha but my buddy up in North Dakota reminds me that it could be worse!
Check out this goof who I miss a ton! :)

Anywho.... let's get on with APRIL!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. bahahaha. hahaha. oh wow. I loved totally envisioning your dad's response. hahahahah. YES!

    ReplyDelete