Sunday, July 31, 2011

Life is like a roller coaster....

I swear I cannot stick with just one emotion and be happy with it. I guess being a girl doesn't help with that either. I feel like life can throw so much at you sometimes and to be honest, I don't always know the best way to handle it. Something I've struggled with lately is the frustration with thinking there is a reason something happens in my life that I think is an odd coincidence and must have a reason for. So of course I go for the opportunity and then it ends up leading me no where. It ends. Dies. Ceases. And I think to my self, "Why was this placed in my path if it didn't work out?" The situations may be based on a job, dating, school, or just simple things. I have a hard time with change and when I don't exactly know the reason for it, it makes it even harder so I've really had to see if I'm trying to line my life up with what the Lord wishes. Boy is it easier said than done!!!! Having to fully rely on your faith that things will happen. Some things you may be anxiously be waiting for, but you have to trust that when the timing is right, the Lord will grant you the things He/you so desires.

Sorry for my rambling, but this has been on my mind for the past little while. I'm sure we can all relate to this on one issue or another. It's life and we have to take it with our best foot forward, with hope in our eyes, and a smile on our face.

Until next time.... :)

1 comment:

  1. I have found that in my experience the majority of people neither recognize nor act upon opportunities which are presented to them. They spend the majority of their lives hoping for opportunities to come to them. They do not seek them out and when they do come they do not notice them. In regards to your post I think that it is key to understand that when one capitalizes on a "dead end" or "fruitless" opportunity really what they are doing is learning how to SEE and how to KNOW. They are gaining the habit of action. By so doing they are preparing themselves to be ready for the times when amazing opportunities do present themselves. Without the habit of looking for and finding opportunities one will continually be asking the ever-limiting question of "Why" instead of the liberating and life-changing question of "Why not"

    ReplyDelete