Thursday, October 3, 2013

As Summer Fades...

WOW. Another summer come and gone. I would be lieing if I said I wasn't sad summer was over. It definitely is my favorite season. This summer was a little different for me. Lots of changes. People coming and going. Officially working full time. And most importantly stretching myself and trying new things. It's definitely been unforgettable.

Kind of backtracking, but I got to skype my brother for Mother's Day and my cousin Brooke left on her mission!! Although it is so hard to have family on what seems to be the other side of the world. I wouldn't have it any other way. Missionary work is the absolute greatest! So proud of them and their decision to serve with all their hearts. Truly grateful for my wonderful family of mine.



This summer I got to try a few things I've never done before which was super fun: Bridge boarding was one of them. A co-worker of mine Emilie who is now one of my dear friends and roommates invited me to come with her and her sister and some boys in her old student ward to go try out what they called "bridge boarding" (Idaho boys are sure creative!) So we went down on the island and tied up a wake boarding rope and they had a surf board and we each took turns learning how to conquer the fast moving water. Not gonna lie I was pretty scared, but walked away successfully being able to ride the waves and move back and forth across the stream... with just a few cuts and bruises ;) We had so much fun and the boys were pretty much pro and great teachers! It's too bad no one's allowed to do it anymore... cops always ruin the fun haha



Every year for my birthday I spend the day at Bear Lake and this year was no different. We took a girls trip up to the lake and this year learned how to paddle board and ride kayaks and all that fun stuff! We managed to fit 4 girls in a 2 maybe 3 person kayak and had fun on the paddle boards and only fell a few times... haha we had a blast!


I went on a few hikes this summer. Both firsts for me; the Crimson trail and the Wellsvilles (yes to the very top of the Wellsville Mountains) Pretty impressive for me since I'm not a huge hiker. The views were spectacular though and I somehow managed not to die even though both of the hikes we ended up coming down in the dark. One thing that was super cool is that I watched the fourth of July fireworks from the top of the Wellsvilles. A lot of people can't say they've done that so it's pretty cool and was a great opportunity!



Another first and very exciting part of my summer was my girl's trip to NYC and DC!!! It was a trip of a lifettime. We literally ran all day every day to see everything that we possibly could for 8 days and loved every moment of it! Between national monuments and memorials to broadway shows, museums, site seeing.... it was absolutely incredible! Not to mention the fact I surprised my old roomate and one of my best friends Hailey who was serving her mission at the DC temple and I happened to show up and see her just a few days before she returned home. It was priceless. I actually ended up running into a couple other people from home back east as well, which was a total surprise and so much fun! Someday I hope I can go back... until then it's time to plan my next adventure... :)




Finally some of my last "firsts" this summer included riding the redneck waterslide in Wellsville, attending the Utah art's festival, watching the Brigham City fireworks, swam in the Midway Crater, and overall just had fun trying to fit in as many fun things as possible and as work would allow!






YEAH I'D SAY IT WAS A PRETTY SUCCESSFUL SUMMER :) GOODBYE SUMMER 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment