Wednesday, January 9, 2013

HAPPY

As I look back on the past year, I am just in awe.... SO MUCH HAS CHANGED!!!!! And I am definitely a better and stronger person because of it. I had a patient at work today ask when I graduated school and I told him last April and he's like so almost a year now? And I thought to myself, "HAS IT ALREADY BEEN A YEAR?!"

In about a years time I went from being a nursing student, bottom of the totem pole, being told I wasn't good enough, to proving I could do anything I set my mind to.... I now am a Registered Nurse working at a HOSPITAL in LOGAN, UT and I actually have worked as the charge nurse on the floor that I work a few times. All in just a year's time. I definitely have worked very hard to get where I am, but I know without a doubt that God was with me every step of the way providing a way for me to accomplish my dreams. Of course this is not what I had originally planned, but I know that my Heavenly Father knew what was best for me and helped change and shape the desires of my heart. I have learned and grown so much and I wouldn't change my trials and hardships. I have so much to be grateful for!!!

One of my latest life lessons I've learned is to let go of some of my perfectionist ways.... I had just envisioned college to prepare me to be an expert in the career I wanted to go to. I expected that when I started working at a "big girl job" that I would just be a master at everything and would be all knowing. Boy was I wrong!! Yeah school helps prepare you, but I have learned so much more actually being in the workforce and actually doing it!! Yes, it has been extremely difficult and challenging having to learn it at a job full of long hours, a heavy workload, and a stressful environment, but I have learned so much about time and stress management and how to prioritze so much better! I also am learning to not overdue it. Afterall, nurses have to take breaks sometime :) What can I say... the hospital has been very good to me. I'm grateful for great co-workers who are so patient and willing to help me learn!

My brother is currently on a mission in Tampa, Florida and has been out a little over a month now!!! SO CRAZY!!!! I am so happy for him even though I miss him like crazy. I can't wait to see the man he grows into. The people of Florida are lucky to have him :)

Other than that, I finally was lucky enough to move out to Logan into a townhouse right by campus and am loving it!! I didn't know any of my roomates when I moved in, which I was kind of nervous about, but last time I did that, I met one of my best friends so I figured it was worth a shot! So far all of my roomates are really great!! We all are very different, but we connect very well and I can tell we are going to have a lot of fun! I hope to be very active in my singles ward and well as hanging out with my roomates and meeting new people! I need to work on that anyway because people are stressing the whole marriage thing on me.... hahaha I've got 2 bouquets now at weddings and people think that's a sign..... :) We shall see hahaha. At work people either ask me if I'm old enough to be their nurse or how many kids I have so I just don't know which area of life I am in ;)

For now I am just living day to day happy with all that I am blessed with and looking for new adventures that may come my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment